Food

Watch my free fall into becoming a vegetarian and attempting to run 13.1 miles..whaaaat?!



Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Death To The Treadmill!

So, I made frickin' delicious veggie quinoa the other night...except my quinoa decided to suck a bag of balls and not cook fast enough. So, I took my veggies and put them in tacos :) Just saute green bell pepper, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, artichokes, and garlic in a saucepan until tender. Season however you want but it's easy (either with quinoa or on tacos :)).


This morning I decided to try my take on an egg cup out of P90X2's Nutrition Guide. I'm hooked! Plus I have extras to save and reheat.

Ingredients: 3 eggs
                  1 cup cooked rice (brown)
                  1/4 cup shredded cheese (cheddar)
                  3 tbsp. chopped green chiles
                  3 tbsp. milk
                  1/4 tsp. each of garlic powder, pepper, sea salt, and cumin
                  1 cup soy protein crumbles, cooked
                  

How to make: -Preheat oven to 400.
                      -Mix 1 egg, 1/2 of cheese and  and rice in a bowl, then split mixture into bottoms of cupcake 
                      tins evenly (make sure you spray with nonstick cooking spray first).
                      -Bake for 5-8 minutes, or until set and slightly brown.
                      -Mix other 2 eggs, cheese, chiles, milk, soy protein and spices, then pour evenly over rice
                      mixture.
                      -Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until set.

I made them in jumbo size, and they are soooo good, easy and filling! What I really love about them is you can alter them and add or subtract absolutely any ingredients you want!

I ran Tuesday morning...inside. AAAGHHH! The runner's enemy= a treadmill! At least enemy of this kid. It was horrible. I was already extremely sore from the weekend's workouts and lifting, but I figured a nice easy stretch-out run would help my muscles loosen up.It did a little I suppose but I was SO bored. I seriously felt like I was being tortured. I only ran a measly 2.25. I truly could not take it anymore. You know that feeling when you'd rather pull your own hair out than persist with what you're doing? Yeah, that happened.

I'm not sure why I hate indoor running so much. It's not as if I had a traumatic experience on a treadmill or something. As a matter of fact, my childhood friend and I used to put her treadmill on high, pack ourselves with pillows, and shoot ourselves off the back of it. It was pretty frickin' fun from what I remember, haha. I guess when I'm running outside, I feel like there are no limits, no distance I can't conquer. I don't feel so limited in my options. If I'm getting bored outside, I can dip off down a less traveled side street or trail. I can do ANYTHING, so to speak. I also don't have to worry about people on machines next to me smelling like sh*t. Or creeps continually walking by my machine. Or pressing buttons constantly to alter the elevation, pace, etc. I think a lot of runners feel the same. Actually, I think all runners prefer outdoors, but only part of the population is crazy enough to battle through snow and ice during Illinois winters. It's safe to say I'll take the bitter winter weather over a treadmill, officially.


This is a new running shirt (base layer) I'm getting for Xmas. So stoked to run in it! It's also interesting because almost all my running gear, as far as pants, base layers, etc. is black. Woohoo for some color! Anyway, I'll post how well it works after I actually get to use it! If it's good, I'll post what it's called and where to get it :)

And with that, I bid you adieu, and say "DEATH TO THE TREADMILL!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment