Food

Watch my free fall into becoming a vegetarian and attempting to run 13.1 miles..whaaaat?!



Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sometimes You Need A Little Fancy

Well, this morning I woke up and felt a little motivated to have a yummy breakfast instead of my normal oatmeal and fruit. This doesn't happen often, so I went for it, ha. I made a frittata (mostly because it sounds like something overly unique and special, when it's basically just an omelet). Pretty easy and SO filling. Here's how:

Ingredients:
1/2 red bell pepper
    1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
  1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1 egg
3 egg whites
 Salt and pepper to taste

What to do:
                  -Heat 8 inch skillet with non-stick spray over high heat
                  -Dice pepper and throw in, saute until barely tender
                  -Add spinach and cook until wilted but still bright green
                 

It smelled so good!

                  -Turn heat down to medium
                  -Whisk eggs, mozzarella, salt and pepper and pour over veggies
                  -Cook, without disturbing, until eggs are set
                  -Place plate over skillet, flip, and then place frittata back in skillet to cook other 
                    side until cooked through
                  -THEN EAT! 


It was too much for me to eat all of, especially with an orange and toast, so I'll probably split one with Steve next time. Fancy, fancy, fancy!

^^This just makes me think every time I see it. I'm happy where I am with my weight loss and life, but I still want a lot of changes. Patience and hard work are the keys. Quite honestly, most people give up because we are a society of instant gratification. Well, your health will never show immediate changes. It doesn't take one day to become unhealthy, so it certainly won't take one day to improve your health.

I've definitely been in the "this isn't working so I'm just going to quit" boat many times. It's hard to work so hard and eat right every day to watch the scale not budge, or look in the mirror and think you look the same. But every minute of exercise makes a difference, every apple over a cookie helps you. It's a gradual and slow process, but it's WORTH IT. The most frustrating thing that I see is people popping fat burning pills, going on juice diets, etc. Good luck with that, it's UNHEALTHY. And the reason this is unhealthy is because these people think these quick fixes are all they need to do to get the body they want. They expect to follow these "plans" and be the person they want to be in 4 weeks. You're body will NEVER work that way.

Newsflash: Natural = healthy. Why do you think raw or minimal processing diets are the most recommended and successful? Because it's what your body is supposed to work off of. Diet and exercise are the only ways to truly be fit. End of story. You can keep your supplements and quick fixes and fad diets.

Anyway, to celebrate my official 40 pound weight loss, I got a new hair cut and color!

Yeah, it's sideways and I have no idea how to change it. I suck at technology. Whoops. Anyway, red! YAY! And bangs! Exclamation point party! I like it though. A lot.

And lastly, NEW JEAN SIZE! (Yes, I just did the excited dance, for like the 34th time since I bought them.) Size 8 ReRock skinny jeans from Express. I am so stoked you have no clue. Fuck the price tag, but you gotta live a little sometimes right!?



Random blog, but I'm trying to be better at blogging more often. Tough to do when I'm so busy but if I make it a habit hopefully it'll stick.

Outie 5000 folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment