Food

Watch my free fall into becoming a vegetarian and attempting to run 13.1 miles..whaaaat?!



Friday, December 16, 2011

Motivation.

Some days, I swear I put in 16 hours of work at my job instead of the 8-9 I'm actually here. Today, I'm working 11 with no lunch, so I'm probably going to be my usual attention deficit self and research things that I really have no interest in or will ever do, like travel to Zimbabwe, read every random article I can find, look at clothes I can't afford, rearrange everything in my desk, start projects that are completely unnecessary, and all that jazz.

But what I do even more than all that is surf fitness/running forums, Pinterest, blogs, and educate myself on health and wellness and find motivation. It's crazy how much help, advice, information, etc. is out there if you look for it. I hear people say so often, "I wish I had your motivation". Stop wishing and start doing! There are tons of websites that provide a community of people going through the same things (Sparkpeople.com), there are fitclubs in your area that can provide support, local gym and fitness facilities have group fitness to help push you. There are all SORTS of resources available, you just have to look! It's like the easiest part of fitness (the education), people are still too lazy to do.

All humans, as much as some may try to deny it, seek the approval of those around them. There really isn't a better feeling than someone patting you on the back after a solid workout or someone noticing you've lost weight. I promise. And by joining these online or local groups, you become a part of a support network that will keep you pushing and keep you inspired to continue your fitness journey. There's a reason it's recommended to have workout buddies; it HELPS! It is hard to put yourself out there at first, sweating and looking like a fool sometimes (like me shakin' it in Zumba, when I have NO rhythm). But every single other person there has their insecurities, including fitness veterans. No one is judging you for bettering your life. If anything, there's a large amount of mutual respect and understanding.

When I go to the gym, there are 70 year old women to people struggling with obesity to that lady that makes you wonder if she even eats. But the thing is, we ALL have something in common: we want to improve our lives. We want to feel like a part of a group. And we want to be happy when we look in the mirror. So why be embarrassed? Why not give all you've got?

My motivation has only grown the further I've come in my journey. Yet I still look to outside sources to boost my positive thinking. No one can do it completely by themselves. I just want to shake people when they think they can do it alone. Or have to. YOU DON'T! There are always people willing to share their stories and help you. Including me. I'm willing to make time for anyone that has questions, needs advice, wants a running/workout buddy, whatever.

All you've gotta do is ask. :)

PS I found this and it's a great reminder:


Deuces.

No comments:

Post a Comment