Food

Watch my free fall into becoming a vegetarian and attempting to run 13.1 miles..whaaaat?!



Thursday, November 17, 2011

I'm always looking for ways to get good, quality protein into my vegetarian diet because, let's be honest here, eating cups upon cups of beans and eggs gets tad boring. Blargh. I'm a BIG supporter of protein shakes - high protein, you can mix them with almost anything, and they are super simple and filling. Many use these shakes before and after workouts, but I tend to use them as meal replacements. That being said, make sure the protein you buy is FOR meal replacement, and not aimed towards enhancing your workouts. There is a difference, seriously. GNC has tons of info if you just go in and ask :)

This morning I decided to try a quick and new shake:

Ingredients:
1 scoop chocolate protein (Make sure it's vegetarian! many use calf rennet)
8 oz 1% milk
1 tbsp. peanut butter
1/2 tbsp. Nutella
Cinnamon to taste

To make:
Blend all ingredients with about a cup of ice (add gradually until its a consistency you like) and add cinnamon to taste.

Pretty tasty. 340 calories, 23 carbs, 13 grams of fat, and 33 grams of protein. Obviously you could adjust this if it's too high in calories for your diet, but I eat 5-6 meals a day of between 300 and 400 calories. My metabolism is insanely high due to the high intensity interval training I've been doing so I eat more than most women.

I'm still full 3.5 hours later, and it's way convenient to drink your breakfast while doing other things around the house (like playing sniper with a squirt gun vs. the dogs).

Bodybuilding.com has AWESOME beginner day to day workout plans tailored to your needs, just stumbled upon that yesterday. Check it out if you have a chance are are unsure where to start.

Also, http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/ is an awesome, inspiring blog about a woman's 135 pounds weight loss and her love for all things food. Another great read.

That's about all. Heat is out at my job - pretty awesome when it's 37 degrees out. I feel like people who live in cold places have a disadvantage. We get pasty, ugly white, hole up in our homes, bust our shit on ice (seriously, like daily), and get in waaay more car accidents. Who's down for moving to Texas? If everything is bigger there, maybe my bank account will grow too ;).

I'll leave you with something amusing:



Holler.

No comments:

Post a Comment