Food

Watch my free fall into becoming a vegetarian and attempting to run 13.1 miles..whaaaat?!



Monday, November 14, 2011

The Lunacy Begins..

So, this is my first attempt at having a blog. Or writing anything down, besides alternating between catty bitchface rants and inspiring, motivating quotes on my Facebook statuses. I find all the jumbled mess of thoughts and ideas in my head interesting, even though most other people probably find me crazy (hence, The Lunatic).

BUT anyway, I've lost 37 pounds in the past 6 months. I've recently decided to transition to a vegetarian lifestyle - an ovo-lacto vegetarian lifestyle, mind you. (That means I still eat eggs and dairy. Don't mess with a lady and her cheese!) At any rate, I've had a hard time finding much information in the way of personal accounts of switching to a vegetarian diet, and I figured I might as well write mine down. If it helps others, okay, if not whatever. I'll be sharing all kinds of recipes I make, whether they are actually edible (My non-veg husband will be eating them too, so I'll also post his opinions, which should make this interesting), and other fun tidbits of information and advice I stumble upon.

At the same time, I'm beginning training to run my first half marathon in May. Scary shit, right?! 13.1 miles...I don't even drive that far to AND from work every day. Once again, lunatic. I also figured this would be the perfect spot to trail my training, once again for myself to learn and improve as a runner but also to help anyone else who wants to tackle this feat. It'll be much easier to keep track of what foods work for me for energy, what running gear and products are effective, the pros and cons of running alone, etc. if I'm writing it all down in a blog.

So, that's what this is all about. Nothing super serious, more about watching my downfall (HA! kidding). Hopefully I can figure out this new, crazy, healthy lifestyle I'm trying to live. For my sanity...and probably my husband's. Plus, I think getting some of the sanity out of my head will help my stress level. I have a severe problem with social interaction - can you say awkward? - so that kind of hinders my ability to have real, alive people friends that I can tell stuff to. It gets lonely up in this brain dudes. Enjoy and shit.

Deuce deuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment